NECE FOCUS GROUP: Parliaments & Citizenship Education
A focus group kick-off meeting facilitated by
Tatjana Meijvogel-Volk and Eddy Habben Jansen, ProDemos, House for Democracy and the Rule of Law in the Netherlands
A new focus group within the NECE framework will facilitate the exchange of experience and knowledge between organisations working on citizenship education directly related to the parliamentary process. The common approach of these organisations is that they focus on ‘on site learning’, involving a direct encounter with the phenomena being studied.
The new Focus Group will try and find answers to common challenges, such as:
- Research on the impact of programmes and co-operation with Universities in research.
- Including aspects of European democracy in programmes related to national parliaments.
- The relation between citizenship education, a national curriculum and government.
- Combining central activities in parliament with outreach activities, for example in schools or municipalities.
- Good practices in simulation games.
- Sharing educational tools and materials.
- Training and coaching: how to develop professional skills of facilitators?
If you want to learn more about the Focus Group or get engaged, please contact Tatjana Meijvogel-Volk (t.meijvogel-volk[at]prodemos.nl) or Eddy Habben Jansen (e.habbenjansen[at]prodemos.nl)
The Fokus Group is coordinated by